Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who's that Girl?


I hardly even know who I am anymore. I have always tried to stay far away from making yeast breads. There was just something a little intimidating about it. I have made a few attempts in the past and decided it just wasn't for me. Last week I decided to give it another try. My mom gave me her bread maker so I started there. I was really pleased with the first couple of loafs that I made in the bread maker but after the first day they weren't too good except for toasting. Since then I have experimented a little more and I am so excited! I have made two batches of the best cinnamon roll I have ever tasted, a wonderful honey wheat bread that is just perfect for sandwhiches, a french baquet, and some cinnamon raisin bread. I just let the bread machine do the work and when it is all kneaded I take the dough out, shape it and let it rise again and then bake it in the oven. Everything I have made this way has turned out perfect!!! The real downside to this is that I am afraid I am going to gain back the 15 pounds I have lost since January. :( Bread is definately a weakness.

3 comments:

Yahnira Backus a.k.a. "Mommy" said...

Wow! I haven't checked out this blog in a while and I am soooo impressed with your bread! You will definitely have to teach me what you have learned. :)

MissManda-Mae said...

a weakness for me too...!! but that is great about the bread making... I realize I am really really really really really late in finding this post of yours, but... BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!! Congrats on mastering the yeast... I'm about a 50/50 shot so what you did makes you my HERO!! 8-)

~The Dippold's said...

I love bread too! The cinnamon raisin bread looks so yummy! It all looks delish! You should teach a bread making class! I am so impressed! Loved the cinnamon rolls! :)